Financial Information

For information on specific on programs that can assist paying for medical services for children and youth with special health care needs and disabilities visit our Paying for Needed Services page by clicking here.  For individual assistance please call or e-mail Family Voices of Minnesota:  1-866-334-8444,


Children’s Defense Fund and Children’s Defense Fund--Minnesota

The Children’s Defense Fund (CDF) is a private, nonprofit, nonpartisan research and advocacy organization supported by foundations, corporate grants and individual donations. They do not accept government funds. Using research and data, CDF focuses on educating others about the needs of the poor, of minority children and those with special needs. They encourage preventive investment before children get sick or into trouble, drop out of school, or suffer family breakdown. Their website has many informative resources including Minnesota county data, Minnesota Census Data and a Minnesota Legislative Scorecard. You can sign up to receive their newsletter or join their E-Advocacy Network. 651-227-6121


Federal Earned Income Credit and the Minnesota Working Family Credit

The Earned Income Credit (EIC) is a special credit for low income working families that reduces the amount of federal tax you owe (if any).  The credit is subtracted from the amount of tax you owe, so you pay less tax or get money back from the government.  Even if you do not owe any tax liability, you might still get some money back.  You must meet certain eligibility requirements in order to claim the credit.  Taxpayers who qualify for the federal EIC qualify for the Minnesota Working Family Credit.  For more information on federal tax credits and refunds and to see if you are eligible, call (800) 829-1040.  For information on state tax credits, call



The Minnesota Governor’s Council on Developmental Disabilities

The Minnesota Governor’s Council on Developmental Disabilities works toward assuring that people with developmental disabilities receive the necessary support to achieve independence, self determination, productivity, integration and inclusion into the community. One program that was created by this Council is the Partners in Policymaking leadership training program for adults with disabilities and parents of young children with developmental disabilities. The purpose of the program is twofold: To teach best practices in disability, and the competencies of influencing public officials. For more information go to Address: Minnesota Governor’s Council on Developmental Disabilities; 370 Centennial Office Building, 658 Cedar Street, St. Paul, MN 55155.   Phone: 651-296-4018 or 1-877-348-0505.


Minnesota Supplemental Aid (MSA)

MSA pays people with low incomes who are elderly, blind, or disabled to bring their income to a set amount. Many people on MSA get SSI. MSA uses Social Security disability criteria. MSA has income and asset limits and applications must be made through your local county human services agency. The best way to find more information on MSA is to use Google and type in Minnesota Supplemental Aid. look under “Economic Supports.”

Support the important work of Family Voices of Minnesota by donating now!

Print Print | Sitemap Recommend this page Recommend this page
© Family Voices of Minnesota

This website was created using 1&1 MyWebsite.